Hi. I have been super busy so its has been difficult to find time to blog. But, I have taken notes on a bunch of things that I wanted to share. I have found that one of the primary reasons that I blog is to remind myself on fixes to problems that I have encountered in the past. Today’s blog entry is one of those incidents.
I was using SharePoint 2013 and the Lync Presence was not showing in the SharePoint next to people’s names (see below).
I’m upset since I fixed this in the past and couldn’t remember the fix. So after researching and testing and finally enlisting my SharePoint MCM buddy, Ali, he found the fix. Which was …
There are a couple things to check if you encounter this issue:
- Make sure that the SharePoint sites are on the list of Trusted Sites. This can be done in Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security Tab > Trusted Sites
- I had done that and still no luck.
- The actual fix was to disable Protected Mode.
- In Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security Tab > Trusted Sites, uncheck Protected Mode checkbox. [Note: Please understand the ramifications of disabled Protected Mode.]
- Restart IE and .. Yay! It worked