I recently got a customer request that they wanted to show a video through their Lync meetings. With Lync, you can share presentations, whiteboard, your desktop, but sharing videos in the past has been a challenge.
Lync 2013 adds the capability to share videos during the meeting.
How Do You Do It?
You embed the video inside the presentation. The video file must be a mp4 format.
To perform this procedure, execute the following steps
- Launch PowerPoint
- Create a new slide
- Select Insert from the Menu
- Select Video and “Online Video” or “Video on my PC”
- Select a MP4 video and press Insert.
- Notice the Play icon. Play the video inline in the PowerPoint presentation.
- Save the presentation.
- Upload the presentation into your Lync 2013 meeting.
- That’s it. Now, you will be able to share videos through your Lync meetings.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2762086 ; Lync 2013 does not play a media file in a shared PowerPoint presentation